Monday, May 9, 2011

Spanokopita(ish) Pasta

My inspiration for dinner tonight:



I like the idea of all of these pasta's. I love asparagus, feta and walnuts, as well as my love for all things pesto! I also like the idea of adding roasted cauliflower to stretch the pasta (less carbs more yumminess). So, although I have no picture to show you of my complete vision, I will take all these concepts and add some spinach and we have what I would like to call Spanikopita(ish) Pasta.


To make the pesto:

1/4 cup of fresh herbs ( I use flat leaf parsley, mint and dill)
2 cups of spinach
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of pine nuts or walnuts (toasted)
1 Lemon (zested)
1/2 fresh lemon ( juiced)
4 T olive oil
sea salt and pepper to taste
* you may add 1 t. of Balsamic Vinegar if you wish (* I love it!)

Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.

For Pasta:
In a large stock pot boil water for pasta.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut Cauliflower into bite sized 'florettes'.
Slice Asparagus into 1 inch chunks
Arrange cauliflower and asparagus on roasting pan.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
Add Sea Salt and Pepper
Roast for 15 -20 minutes until cauliflower is golden on the tips.

In a sautee pan :
Wilt 3 cups of spinach
* toast and chop walnuts

When pasta is 'el dente' not hard, but not mushy, drain water and place in bowl.
Add cauliflower, asparagus and spinach.
Pour pesto sauce over the top and coat liberally.
Add chopped walnuts and crumbeled feta.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment