Sunday, July 31, 2011

Starbucks Double Shot, Extra Foam Cappuccino- Hold The TOXIC Chemicals

Add ImageI stopped by my neighborhood Starbucks this afternoon to get a caffeine boost for my Sunday afternoon hike. As I was waiting at the coffee bar I was greeted by this sign:


What in the world was acrylamide? I had never heard of it before, but I was intrigued, so I came home and looked it up and this is what I found: http://www.choicesmagazine.org/2004-1/2004-1-03.htm
Acrylamide is a neurotoxin/carcinogen that is showing up in many of our processed, fried, roasted and baked foods. It is of major concern because of its long term ingestion and exposure is linked to cancer, neurological disorders and infertility. It turns out what we don't know, may in fact hurt us.

No comments:

Post a Comment